- I love fashion more than you think. Earlier on in my life, I wanted to attend FIDM Orange County. This was my dream school. I was going to pay to attend the school because my high school didn’t have this as a possible career option. My heart was set on becoming a famous designer. I just love clothes and the various styles, patterns, textures, and changes in seasons and decades. I wanted to experience it all. Where I am now, I feel like I’m going full circle with revisiting my first loves. It’s a great opportunity to find out what could’ve been but also seeing what it can still become.
2. This may or may not surprise you but I’m the only child. My mom has four siblings and none of them have children. My uncle got married and had a bonus child so now I’m not the only one anymore but my cousin is now added to the picture and he’s a great addition to the family.
3. I joined a sorority while in college, Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc. It’s the best sorority ever and no I’m not just saying that because I’m a member but because I’ve done my research. I get to spend the rest of my life knowing I’ve had some amazing times with 14 (not including me) sisters. With that much estrogen, it can be overwhelming but they keep it fun.
4. I’m an interior decorator. Okay, not actually…not yet. I’m still working on it. One thing at a time. I don’t just share it on my feed for no reason. HGTV has gotten to me over the years. I haven’t gotten to the point of having a saw or any other tool in my hand, which is completely fine with me because that may or may not ever happen. I just love to go out, choose decorative pieces I know will look good in a space and put it there. Give it a new home. Turning a space from nothing into something is so magical. It kind of gives it a sense of belonging. Decorative pieces, paint colors, furniture, pictures, they all tell a story about the person(s) who live there and that’s what really makes a home.
5. I love my little Mini Poodle, Soxs but he wasn’t mine. I kind of adopted him. He was initially my best friend’s. She wasn’t able to keep him because she just had too much on her plate. Yes, we’ve all been there. She was going to give him to a stranger until my mom spoke up and said we’ll take him. Well actually, he became my dog. Sometimes I still don’t know how we became me but I’m okay with that. He’s amazing and I wouldn’t trade him for the world. He just turned 5 years old in March and I’m so proud of him. He’s getting so big but he’ll always be my little puppy dog.
I hope you enjoyed the snippets of my life as much as I enjoyed sharing them.